Whether or not you itemize deductions on your income tax returns, there are ways to support Catholic Charities that offer certain tax advantages.
For the 2021 Tax Year, the IRS is allowing a deduction up to $300 of cash donations per person without having to itemize, meaning a married couple filing jointly could deduct up to $600 of donations without having to itemize. This is called an “above the line” deduction.
In addition, you may send your IRA’s required minimum distribution directly to CCKCSJ and avoid its inclusion in your adjusted gross income. Also, Missouri income taxpayers may take advantage of Pregnancy Resource Credits, which are issued for 70% of your donation to support our Children and Family programs.
Pregnancy Resource Credits
- For Individuals and businesses who pay Missouri State Income Taxes
- Supports our Children and Family program
- Tax credit is 70% of the donation
- Any taxpayer is eligible (Individuals and businesses)
- Credits may be carried over for one year to meet Missouri State Income Tax obligation
IRA Required Minimum Distribution (RMD)
- Individuals that support any Catholic Charities effort
- Donated RMD is not included in adjusted gross income — no need to itemize
- May help avoid Medicare high-income surcharge or less Social Security benefit taxation
- Any taxpayer age 70 1/2 and over
- Must be transferred directly to Catholic Charities from IRA to be tax-free
- Avoid risk of 50% penalty for non-compliance
In the news
Description: Use of the banking system, by having checking accounts, savings accounts, credit or debit cards and other financial services, is common for most households. However, many households are unbanked or underbanked. Being unbanked...
Evergy will be hosting a utility assistance information event on Wednesday, March 16, 2022, from 9am-3pm at their Evergy Connect Center located at 1710 Paseo Blvd. KCMO 64108. Evergy staff will be assisting customers with completing LIHEAP & ERPP applications and...
According to the U.S. Census Bureau’s 2019 Annual Business Survey, “Veteran-owned businesses made up about 5.9% (337,934) of all businesses, with an estimated $947.7 billion in receipts, approximately 3.9 million employees, and about $177.7 billion in annual payroll”....
Description: Working at Home is increasingly an option for many workers. However with new opportunities come new opportunities for those who would attempt to scam unsuspecting applicants. This video provides an overview of this, offering...
Description: Work at Home opportunities have been increasing with widespread technological capabilities, and increasingly so after the pandemic began. Working at Home can be rewarding, however there are certain things to consider. This...
Description: If you are struggling with searching or finding the right job for you then this presentation may just help you get a good start. In this presentation we will discuss 12 tips that will help you become better at searching for...